Saturday, May 5, 2007

Orange Craze!


Dutch hostellers gave us great entertainment this week.

It started early in the week when Guido from the Netherlands checked in with me. He was carrying a guitar so I asked him would he do a gig for us that night. He agreed and in return got a discount on his stay. We're all in favour of musicians in the hostel and frequently have guests playing in the evenings. It can be a bit of a risk sometimes... you can imagine, people saying they are musicians and ending up performing with some spoons and out of tune singing.... no better way to clear a hostel, than with a performance like that!

Thankfully Guido was brilliant and serenaded us for nearly two hours with all the classics. He even got a bit of a sing song going. It certainly made the end of my shift pass very quickly! We liked him so much we asked him to play again the next night, so everyone was happy :)

Monday was Queensday in the Netherlands. From what I gleamed from the orange covered dutch guests, its something of a national holiday in Holland, celebrating funnily enough the Queens birthday. Just an excuse to wear orange and party by the looks of things but correct me if I'm wrong!

Sun is still shining like a mad thing. Those in the know say it will rain a little tomorrow (good to keep the grass green) but then the sun will be back. Time to hit the beach I think!

No comments: